Thursday, April 24, 2008

This week...


Big Updates and News in our lives this week that we are excited about:

1. Laura had her second ultrasound this morning (they gave us one before by mistake, so this was the real one) and everything looks good according to them. We are excited and thankful! Our baby is up to a whopping 1/2 a pound, but she still is without a name. We have narrowed it down to a workable list, that still is perhaps not complete. In no particular order:
  1. Lorien - My favorite. Lord of the Rings name from Lothlorien, one of the places that was really beautiful in the books. This is a tough sell to Laura since it is a Lord of the Rings name, but I think it's really pretty and not too strange. Thorin or Feanor would be a tough sell :).
  2. Dora - From "Doron" which is Greek for gift. We both love this name, but that stinking explorer sort of is putting a negative light on things. We don't want our daughter being called "Dora the Explorer" her whole life. Haven't ruled it out yet though.
  3. Olivia - One of Laura's favorites. There is another girl in our church with that name already, but it is a family name from deep back on my mother's side. I don't know, not real likely though probably.
  4. Abigail - In consideration but not a front runner.
  5. Rebecca - always loved this name. Never had anyone that sort of came to mind with it for a long time, but it has been less appealing in recent years. Probably won't happen.
Who knows how many more we will come up with though.

2. NFL Draft this weekend. I am so excited. Finally I won't be at Merlefest during it. Why do they have to schedule two such great things at the same time? Friends coming over. Lots of drama in the mix for the Draft itself. Should be very exciting.




3. American Idol Rant - I still lose respect each time I mention this I know. Thoughts on this week - this really shows that this competition is about winning votes not singing great. The next two to go should be Brooke and Jason Castro. How do you forget the words and sing horrible songs and stay on the show. As if you cared, my list of how I think it should finish:
  1. David Cook or Syesha Mercado
  2. David Archuleta
  3. Brooke White
  4. Jason Castro

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congrats on the ultrasound. How exciting! You can't take Olivia. I can't tell you why or I'll have to kill you...

I agree on Idol, but think Sayesha will go home before the other 5 only because her fan support does not seem to be as great. Quite sad. I could not believe that the two best performers on Tuesday were in the bottom two. Rediculous!